How do we deal with homosexuality being Christians in our business?
SJ shares some powerful points that will help empower you as business owners to make your own decisions about what you are okay with. God has created each person differently. He has created businesses differently. He has created His whole plan in such a way that every business and every person has a purpose. It is your job to be a shining light, to be a support to the world.
There are two scenarios to help you to really think about you and your business and how you might be the Jesus in the situation:
1. Are you just working with them?
2. Are they asking you to provide a service where they are asking to support something that you might not necessarily believe in (eg same sex marriage wedding)?
1. Build your relationship with God yourself, so you can hear the answers from God yourself and so you can be empowered to make the choices for your own business.
2.Â Ask God what boundaries and values you should put in place and show on your website. Come to God and see what He says and see what He shows you. He will bless you for being obedient in coming to Him. He will support you with difficult situations.
3. Stand by the law and let God do the judging. Concentrate on your own plank before you try and sort out anyone else’s speck.
4. Make sure your heart is on the Lord and you are being obedient. Ask you heart this: What’s the best that I can be doing for God?
5. Allow God and the Holy Spirit to minister to you personally.
Founder Sarah-Jane Meeson was given a word to inspire women. Since then, Sarah-Jane dreamed about how she could inspire women and unite them together. She knew it was going to be for God and she knew she had a passion for business and just to see people thrive and be all that they can be: no matter what past theyâ€™ve had, no matter how much money or where they come from. Itâ€™s about them being the best person they can be for God and to help share their story of how God has worked through their life and business.
After chatting with a girlfriend and sitting on the idea for a while, God kept prompting her heart to bring this movement of women together. After some time, Sarah-Jane knew what she needed to do; she bitÂ the bullet and now here it is. Christian Women in Business â€“ a movement of Christian women pushing forward for God in their businesses … and itâ€™s great!