Sarah started the Chancey Charm journey over seven years ago with a clear vision and a strong desire to build a business she loved. What started as a few weddings in her spare time has since grown into a national brand, with planners spanning thirteen cities. Sarah personally mentors all of Chancey Charm’s Associate Planners, pursuing her calling to help women have a creative career they love, with the freedom and flexibility to focus on their family.
Her 5 top tips:
1. Find your identity – Who are you and why do you do what you do? What makes you unique?
2. Build a brand to match with your vision:
– Start off with styled shoots
– Ask yourself does everything match?
– Hire a professional to do the branding for you
3. Find industry partners and build relationships with them. In the wedding industry, find your photographers, find venues, etc.
4. Establish a vision statement and use this to help you make a decision in your business. Here are some questions to help you get your vision statement together… 1. What’s your target market? 2. How do you serve them? 3. What experience and feeling would you like to provide?
An example of this is… “We offer high-end wedding planning for couples, who would love a clean, fresh wedding.”
5. Create content that matches your brand so you can sell the dream to your clients.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.