Dr. Barbara Lowe is a Licensed Psychologist who founded and has her own practice in Durham, NC. Greenleaf Psychological and Support Services has been consistently growing since its opening 6.5 years ago, with over 10 employees. She is also a Board Certified Life Coach, Somatic Experiencing practitioner, and Lay Minister alongside her husband, Tim. She is a mother and step-mother, and has used the wounds of her past as well as the skill sets she has acquired through study to minister professionally and personally to women and families for many years.
Here is an excerpt from her website:
“Perhaps my most powerful message is that it is okay to be flawed and that, in fact, it is our flaws that make us fabulous. Whatever form the fire in a woman’s life has taken – loss, trauma, deep disappointment, rejection, or neglect – I fully believe in her ability to rise through the ashes and be reborn. When a structure is ravaged by fire, building upon the foundation left behind is not an easy process. In order to create a better version of what once was, it is necessary to fully understand what came before. The builder needs to understand the footprint of that old building before a new one can be created. Likewise, when we are rebuilding our lives – and our psyches – we must honor what came before. Only then can we truly invest in the project of our own life and make that life our own”.
Here are her 5 top tips:
- Find some good coaches – Ones that have your best interest at heart, no one is a perfect coach, have a mix of people of different ages and backgrounds and keep mentors along the way.
- Invest in Training for yourself and always be learning.
- Do really good market research make sure what you offer is unique.
- Community Over Competition with your attitude and find people who have that mindset too.
- Networking is key – take people out for coffee, bless them and ask them about their businesses so you can refer people to them.
- Hire the right people who align with your values and have a awesome recruitment process that will help this process.
“Build a culture in your business that reflects the Lord.”
Bible Verse for this season:
John 7:38 “Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”