Lori Nordstrom is a lifelong entrepreneur. Starting her own business at the age of 16, she has gone through the ups and downs, a changing market landscape, and all seasons of living the entrepreneur lifestyle. Lori now works with Christian women, coaching them on a path to reach their goals of keeping God first, family second and building a business to support their priorities, dreams and the calling that God has for them.â€ŻÂ
Lori’s 5 Tips:
- You have to plan to plan. Create time to plan, even if youâ€™re a few years ahead.Â
- Donâ€™t be tempted to give the farm away. Know your value and what youâ€™re worth, donâ€™t give things away for free, donâ€™t compare your value of someone else, know whatâ€™s the right price for you.
- Donâ€™t think you need brick and mortar to have a business. Itâ€™s ok to work from home. Whether you have a studio or not, that doesnâ€™t make you a â€ślegitâ€ť business owner.Â Have 6 months put aside for all expenses before you move in to make sure youâ€™re covered.
- Donâ€™t hire people without job descriptions so people know what they need to do.
- Checklist of legalities â€“ register your business name, make sure your set up to pay taxes correctly.Â
Her bible verse for this season:
John 1:16 –Â Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given.