SJ has been a successful entrepreneur for almost 10 years and is a passionate believer in the power of entrepreneurial business to fund the local church. She is also the author of “The Business of Blessing; The Biblical Blueprint for a God Abundant Business”.
She lives in Newcastle, UK with her husband Matt and their ‘half-dog’ cat Jeremy. She is an active member of her home-church, Hillsong Newcastle.
Her 5 Tips:
- You must have a market edge – you need to know why your product is different to all the other businesses on the market, what makes you, you! Why should someone use your business instead of someone else. Grab their attention with your uniqueness.
- Create a Sales Funnel – How you take someone from not knowing anything about you, to trusting you and wanting to buy from you and be confident to hand over their money to you.
- Persistence – If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. Most people will drop out, if you are committed keep at it, you’ll be the only one left! Out beat everyone else.
- Purpose – Keep reminding yourself, what is the purpose of your business? Once you know this, you’ll gain freedom. Trust God that He will look after your business while you spend time with your family.
- Tithing – What is it you’d like to give to a charity or mission of your choice, pop that aside.
Her Bible verse for this season:
Jeremiah 17:5-8 New International Version (NIV)
5 This is what the Lord says:
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who draws strength from mere flesh
and whose heart turns away from the Lord.
6 That person will be like a bush in the wastelands;
they will not see prosperity when it comes.
They will dwell in the parched places of the desert,
in a salt land where no one lives.
7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
8 They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”