Do you long to allow God to be at the centre of your business? Do you have dreams of serving Him with your vision and mission? Do you crave to have that solid relationship with God?
People ask me, how do I physically make God the centre of my business and life and how do I hear the voice of God? Today’s episode I want to share with you some practical tips on how you can involve god in your business.
We also have a free webinar series on this that I have put the link into the show notes for you to sign up to and go through yourself. How To Create A God Centred Business – That makes money.
These tips are simple, practical and very powerful –
1. Spend time with Him – Set a routine each week in your business where you spend time with Him. It might be the first working hour in your business, it might be in the middle of the week it might be on a Friday morning, whatever works with your schedule in your business, make that time. I cannot tell you the number of times I have had my weekly hour of power with God and it’s turned into 3 hours and I’ve studied parts of the Bible and prayed with God and customers have come through in that time that I’ve spent with Him. He’s looked after me when I’ve had that time and put my eyes on Him. Put all distractions away and opened up my heart. These are your weekly business meetings with God. Call them Business Meetings if it makes you feel less guilty. I like to call them my hour of power because when I come out of them i am usually filled with God’s joy and peace. Learn about His heart, His power, His character, read the stories. You will be blown away.
2. Pray before meetings with clients, staff, whatever meetings you have. Declare God’s dominion over the meetings, claim God’s will over the meetings, ask for God favour when you need it and ask for win-win situations to come out of them.
3. Pray over your business, for your staff and clients and their families.
4. Fast – Uphold your body to the Holy Spirit and fast at the beginning of the year, when you need to make a decision, before big meetings, whenever you need let the Holy Spirit back in control of your body. Like Jesus did for the 40 days, He gave His whole body to the Holy Spirit trusting that the Holy Spirit would see Him through and He did. Fasts aren’t about giving up something that distracts you from God, they’re about giving your whole body to God and the Holy Spirit as a temple and trusting that He will keep your body and life in order and submit it to Him.
5. Lastly, love God with all your heart. The first and most important commandments and the most important of all of these points. Jesus tells us in Matthew…
Matthew 22:36-40 New International Version (NIV)
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Next week we’re going to be looking at Building Godly Wisdom and Discernment in your business.
Here is the link again to the FREE Webinar Series about How To Create A God Centred Business – That makes money.
Are you ready to join a community like no other?
We’ve created a sisterhood of Christian women in business who are completely in love with God and encourage each other on a daily basis with their businesses.
If you’re after some Godly support as you grow your business…
We invite you to become a part of this amazing, heart felt community by clicking the button below <3
Founder Sarah-Jane Meeson was given a word to inspire women. Since then, Sarah-Jane dreamed about how she could inspire women and unite them together. She knew it was going to be for God and she knew she had a passion for business and just to see people thrive and be all that they can be: no matter what past they’ve had, no matter how much money or where they come from. It’s about them being the best person they can be for God and to help share their story of how God has worked through their life and business.
After chatting with a girlfriend and sitting on the idea for a while, God kept prompting her heart to bring this movement of women together. After some time, Sarah-Jane knew what she needed to do; she bit the bullet and now here it is. Christian Women in Business – a movement of Christian women pushing forward for God in their businesses … and it’s great!