In this week’s podcast, we are privileged to have the second Male to grace our show – Grant Smith, a quantity surveyor who has worked with international construction companies and managed his own consultancy practice in the UK for over thirty years. He is also the author of the book, The Accidental Social Entrepreneur.
Grant shares with us how he got to become the biggest housebuilder in Kenya, so successful that other businesses would be forced to improve conditions and pay a fair wage. Grant is now the CEO of Hand in Hand Group and a director of a Kenyan construction company. He is professionally and personally committed to creating a commercial response to poverty.
His 5 top tips:
- No problem is too big for God – If we’re filled with the Holy Spirit, then there is nothing too big for God.
- God created you, who are, uniquely you for a reason. Don’t try and fight it. Ask how you can serve God.
- Why do you want to make money? Be a good steward with whatever God has given you. What can you achieve then just making money?
- Be accountable with people that you trust. Don’t had behind the word calling. Get out there and do it, don’t wait for the flashing lights.
- Business is tough. Christian or not. The difference is you have God.
His Bible verse for this season:
Matthew 25:40 The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Are you ready to join a community like no other?
We’ve created a sisterhood of Christian women in business who are completely in love with God and encourage each other on a daily basis with their businesses.
If you’re after some Godly support as you grow your business…
We invite you to become a part of this amazing, heart felt community by clicking the button below <3